How we coach our buyers to win in this competitive real estate market
- Be fully approved with you lender (fill out the application and get them all your documentation) Stay in touch to track interest rates etc….even a slight jump in rates can change your pre-approval status
- Make sure your down payment is liquid and ready to go.
- Introduce your agent to your lender so they can work together to ensure a smooth and seamless transaction.
- Hot properties are selling fast…..view them within 24 hours.
- Ask your agent to send you the comparables of the home that you are considering making an offer on. (Market Analysis)
- Study the Market Analysis of the property carefully to determine how much the home will probably sell for. (many properties are selling for over asking and some sellers are pricing too high)
- Understand escalation clauses.
- Shorten or eliminate contingencies.
- Set up a DocuSign account with your agent to ensure faster document delivery.
The best thing you can do for yourself as a buyer is to pick your team (buyer’s agent and loan officer) based on competency and trustworthiness. They are going to be your advisors and you need to be confident of their abilities.